International Coaching Federation defines Coaching as, "Partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential."
What Is Coaching?
- Coaching is a customized learning experience that helps you move forward in life. It’s a chance for you to slow down, set goals and take steps toward reaching your full potential—all with someone else as a sounding board! Most people have a future they want but they don’t know how to get there. Coaching provides a safe way to step back so you can step forward!
- As a resourceful and creative person, you have most of what you need already to harness your strengths and gain traction. A coach helps draw out these pieces as you design and experience your life picture.
How Do I Get Started?
- I’m so glad you asked! Email or give me a call so I can answer any additional questions you have. Normally the first coaching call is something called an "Intake Session" where I get to know your story. Then we will need to discuss the contract and payment with you before we actually have our first session. We will work together to give you real help and determine if working together will be the answer you need to reach your desired outcomes.
- If you decide you would like to work together, then, together, we will create a coaching package that fits what you're hoping to accomplish. One option is scheduling a one time session or a series of one-hour conversations every other week for a period of three months. This equates to six sessions and allows enough time between each conversation for you to follow through on actions, but not so much time that you lose momentum.
How Long Is Each Session?
- Usually, sessions are an hour long. This gives you enough time to think through your topic, consider options, design your next step, predict obstacles and commit to ways of moving forward. Yeah—you’re going to be doing a lot of hard work during our time together. It’s going to be awesome!
How Can Coaching Benefit Me As A Worship Leader, Musician, and Artist?
- Ever since kindergarten, people have told you what to do. But today, you get to decide not just what’s next, but what’s now! Who are you and who do you hope to become? What do you need to get there? What are your options and your best path forward? Coaching conversations can help you answer these questions and discover goals that are worth your time and energy to achieve. Live the life you want with confidence and purpose—I dare you!
How Is Coaching Different From Counseling?
- While counseling tends to look back in order to move forward, coaching is all about the here and now. Coaches are not trained in mental illness and don’t focus on healing like counselors may. Coaching assumes you are the expert of your own life and that you can find the solutions you need to succeed. And, while deep, empathetic listening are central to both, coaching and therapy are quite different.
What Can I Expect?
- My skills in coaching allow me to help you gain perspective and clarity on your own leadership environment. I will do that by letting you set the agenda, and coaching you around those topics and issues. Specifically, I will listen attentively, ask questions that elicit discovery, offer encouragement, provide feedback, and serve as a source of accountability for goals and actions steps that we shape together and you accept ownership of.
Who Is Coaching "Right" for?
- Anyone who is motivated to set and reach goals by taking action is a great candidate! If you struggle with mental illness, or have some difficulties to overcome in your past, coaching won’t be the best fit—a counselor or psychologist might be a better option for you right now.
What Will Our Partnership Look Like Moving Forward?
- Confidentiality - To the maximum extent allowable by law, I will not release any identifying information about you or our work together without your expressed permission. As an ICF documented coach, I am held to a strict ethical code.
- Where Will We Meet? Typically over the phone, unless you are local and care to meet in person.
- Who Sets The Agenda? The client does. Coaches honor the client as the expert in his or her first and work and believe every client is creative, resourceful and whole.
- How Often Would We Meet? That is up to you.
- Payment - You can pay for your coaching sessions either by visa debit or by credit card online. We are more than welcome to discuss with you about our hourly rates.
- Cancelling - If you can't make it out to our session, I need to know 24 hour in advance.